Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I'm going car seat crazy

So I have been looking around for a car seat...who knew this would be so hard. Do I want the "z" shaped handle or not? What brand? How much am I willing to spend? I just don't know. I want one that we could use for a boy or girl so that also limits things. I tend to want it to be "cute" and Nate thinks that is silly. I have been trying to look at reviews and make a good decision but I am just not sure. I have even been dreaming about car seats the last two nights. Sad, huh? I just want to get one at this point and be done with it. I am sure you all have a different opinion on the matter and I am open to your idea.
So far, I have seen really good reviews on this Evenflo - Embrace for $94.88
What do you think of this one? Is it for a girl or a boy???

3 comments:

Harmony said...

Hey Tami, you should go to www.consumerreports.org and sign up. It's $6 for 30 days and TOTALLY worth every penny. It will tell you everything you've ever wanted to know about a carseat, including safety ratings, ease of use, etc.

We go to this website whenever we're making an important purchase. And they won't keep charging you the $6. It's just a one-time thing. Then the next time you need to look, you just pay again. It's seriously a VERY helpful site to use! I 100% recommend it.

Melanie said...

They are both perfectly gender neutral. And cute without being too CUTE.

I would say, go to Babies R Us and pick them up and walk around a bit. Maybe even take a bag of flour or something heavy like that to put in it. I think weight is everything. The lighter the better. (while still being safe, of course) Your back will thank you, and so will Nate's.

Nicole said...

I recommend investing in a carseat/stroller combo -- it's totally worth it! As far as handle shape...really? It so doesn't matter...carseats are heavy and awkward to carry no matter what shape the handle is! Love ya! :o)