Thursday, July 1, 2010

Treasure

There have been a lot of things going on in my life and around me lately that have really been causing me to think about how fragile and precious life is. Too often I get distracted by things that really are of no lasting importance. Too often I don't take the time to appreciate the small things. Life is so fragile. Those we love could be gone at any moment. Of course living in constant fear of losing a loved one is really no way to live at all. But am I making the most out of my time with them? Am I treating those I love most, the best? Do they know how much I love them? Am I taking the time to get down on the floor and play with my baby?...he won't be a baby much longer. What are the last words I say to my husband when he walks out the door? What am I putting off that just needs to be done?! What fills my time and my thoughts? What if today was my last day? Did I live it well? I don't really know if this makes sense. I am not very good at expressing my thoughts and feelings. But I hope you can get an idea of it. I felt the need to express it.


Treasure every moment, even the not so good ones.
Take time to do what is most important.
Find JOY in the journey.
Forgive.
Love.

4 comments:

Kate said...

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, too. I tend to get caught up in things and forget about the things that are really important. I've been trying to take things as they come, appreciate the bad AND the good, and really savor each moment, because we are really so blessed, aren't we? Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Unknown said...

That was quite lovely, Tami... and I do get "it". Those same thoughts go through my mind too.

Dave and Chelsi said...

Thanks for the sweet reminder. You're such a great example! Love ya!

dntbaker said...

very inspiring, thank you!