Monday, December 20, 2010

Gingerbread Waffles

Last year, when we got together with my husbands family for Christmas, they made these very yummy waffles. I made them again this morning for a few friends that came over for breakfast and I was reminded why I love them so much...I don't have a fancy picture or anything like that but I will give you the recipe. They are pretty darn good. Truth be told they are more like a dessert than a breakfast food.
Maybe that is why I love them so much :)


Gingerbread Waffles

1 C. Molasses
½ C. Butter
1 ½ tsp. Baking soda
1 ½ C. Milk
1 Egg
2 C. Flour
1 ½ tsp. Ginger
1 tsp. Cinnamon
½ tsp. Salt

1. Heat molasses and butter in a sauce pan till almost boiling.
Remove from heat and cool slightly.
2. Stir in baking soda, milk and egg.
3. In a separate bowl, mix flour, ginger, cinnamon and salt.
4. Add mixtures together.
5. Cook in a waffle iron.
6. Top with desired toppings
(i.e. fresh whipped cream, pie filling, syrup, pudding, etc.).
7. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Ruth Sagers said...

Remember when we used to always have Saturday morning breakfasts with sourdough pancakes or waffles? Good times. Your waffles sound really tasty!